In addition to the Youth Center's sports program activities, the Andrews County Recreation Center (ACYRC) offers recreation for kids in our game room five days a week. Our game room has:
- Air hockey
- Four computers with internet access
- Play Station 2
- Play Station 3
- Snack area
- Toddler's kitchen
- A variety of board games
- Xbox 360
While there is no fee for using the game room we do require each child to be registered with the ACYRC. Proof of age is required. The game room will be open from noon until 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Remember we are not a day care facility. The staff are not babysitters.
We recommend that children be at least 8 years old to enter without a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years old or older. The children must be mature enough to follow instructions and rules of the game room. They must be mature enough to handle the game apparatus appropriately. Children should be mature enough to use the restrooms by themselves. This includes entering and exiting the restrooms by themselves.
The doors are heavy and require a certain level of strength to open. Children are free to come and go as they wish but while they are inside, they will be supervised and must be on their best behavior. We require all who come to play to respect the staff, respect each other, and respect themselves.
Game Room Guidelines as a Result of COVID-19
- Anyone who is currently infected with COVID-19 or lives in the same household with someone currently or had been infected within the last 30 days will not be allowed in the building.
- Anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms (repeated coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.) will be politely asked to leave and not return until symptoms subside for 14 days.
- Only students and parents that have been symptom-free for the last 14 days can enter.
- All who enter must be registered with the ACYRC and log in and out with the correct time.
- Take and record temperature (forehead) upon entering the building.
- All must proceed immediately to the restroom to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- All are encouraged to provide their own protective facemask and wear it properly while in the building.
- Must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from any other people in the building.
- The ACYRC will abide by appropriate occupancy levels.
- Must ask permission to play any game
- Do not hand game apparatus or anything else to another person (no sharing).
- After playing any game, return the game apparatus to the office for disinfection treatment and immediately wash hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds before playing a different game.
- The ACYRC staff will periodically wipe down, spray, or otherwise sanitize hard surfaces as needed.
- We will ask that you wash your hands before leaving the Recreation Center for the day.
- All must abide by any other safety requirements or instructions the ACYRC staff may give that is not covered by this document.
- Anyone who is not abiding by these safety requirements will be politely asked to leave.